Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Thick, wavy/curly hairstyle question?

i'm gettting my haircut today and i wanted to get some long layers and cut it to my shoulders. right now it's not layered and is a few inches below my shoulders. i have extremely thick, really wavy hair and it's already poofy. i know that layers can give you more volume, so should i get them or would they make my hair poof out? any good haircut ideas?Thick, wavy/curly hairstyle question?
since it is not layered now, i would assume most of your volume is at the ends right? layers do make your hair curl up more, but i think that they create more balance (volume all throughout) which is good. I would go ahead with the layers, but have your stylist thin out your hair too. Just remember, if you want it to lay on your shoulders, you'll have to have it cut just a little longer to make up for the shrinking of the curls when it's dry. what you want sounds great! if you are nervous when you get there, look through some pictures with your stylist and get her input. Good luck!Thick, wavy/curly hairstyle question?
I have the same hair and I've found layers just thin it out a bit which is a good thing for me! It also adds shape which will make a massive difference. You should ask your hairdresser though - if they're good they'll be able to recommend a good style for you if you tell them what you do and don't want. I straighten my hair everyday cos otherwise it's just too poofy! You could also try putting a serum in it when it's wet to chill it out a bit. Your hairdresser will probably try and sell you something for about 拢16 but just get yourself down to Boots and buy something similar for 拢3 from Tresemme etc.
You sound just like my friend with the exact same problem!


i have told her to get slight layers from the chin down, and it wont make much of a volume difference but add more style and will make you look less ';primary school girl';. also, ask them to thin it out and when cutting it at the bottom to ';feather it'; this basically means instead of chopping straight across the bottom, they cut across and then upwards to have a wispier and thinner ends. any other questions feel free to ask!





hope i helped!
I know you're getting your haircut today, but I would like to suggest reading the book Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey. It has a lot of great advice for folks with wavy/curly hair. My hair used to poof up when I used a brush on it instead of a wide tooth comb. Gel will also help control %26amp; define your waves - I use pure aloe vera gel as it's all natural.





Best of luck to you.
that is how my hair is. so I just got longer layers and thinned it, I also usede frizz stuff the stylist gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment